For those of you who have seen a Kombucha culture and watched how it is made, I’m pretty sure it made you gag at first. Kombucha SCOBYs can look like monsters who goes out of the jars and walk around your house at night, but they are beneficial to the health and make yummy concoctions. So, what are these benefits that I’m talking about?
The Benefits of Kombucha Tea
Many sources such as Food Renegade amd Dr. Axe have claimed that Kombucha tea has a lot of benefits to offer. Some others claim it to be the Magical Health Elixir. But, kombucha tea can have different effects. So, I’m going to tell you about the benefits that I’ve personally experienced since I’ve started drinking booch.
- Less sugar cravings: Before discovering Kombucha, I always have sugar cravings. Afternoon snacks and after-dinner snacks would consist of cakes, cookies, waffles, candies and other sugary food. Since I started drinking Kombucha, these cravings went away. Even my cravings for salty junk food were gone.
- No more soda: I’d like to think I’m not a big soda drinker. I only drink at least half a glass of soda every other day. But I also don’t drink enough water and that’s why I don’t get enough liquid. After discovering kombucha, I replaced soda with it. Kombucha tea makes my throat feel dry, so I always drink water after drinking it.
- More energy: I’m a morning person. No matter how late I sleep, my biological clock wakes me up before 6 AM. So late night movie marathon with friends or overtimes at work means, I will be lethargic the next day due to lack of sleep and would take 1-hr naps in the middle of the day. Since I started drinker Kombucha, I am more energized. I don’t need long naps anymore.
- More water: As I’ve mentioned above, I’m not a big water drinker. I can go on the day with a cup of coffee and a glass of water. Drinking Kombucha makes my throat feel dry, so I always follow it with a glass of water.
- Better sleep: Kombucha tea contains caffeine. This is why most people drink it to stay up all night when they need to and stay away from it if they don’t need to pull an all-nighter. But I have a different experience when it comes to drinking caffeine when it’s not morning. It makes me feel lethargic and sleepy. So since Kombucha tea contains caffeine just like coffee, I thought it would help me sleep better at night. It worked! If you’re the type of person who has a hard time sleeping after drinking caffeinated drinks, I suggest not drinking booch before bed time.
- Helps with bowel movement: I don’t want to explain this more, because I’m sure you get it. 🙂